The most trustworthy, broad-based, online scientific reference available today
AccessScience is an authoritative and dynamic online resource that contains incisively written, high-quality reference material covering all major scientific disciplines. An award-winning gateway to scientific knowledge, it offers links to primary research material, videos and exclusive animations, plus specially designed curriculum maps for teachers. With these and other online features, AccessScience is continually expanding the ways it can demonstrate and explain core, trustworthy scientific information that inspires and guides users to deeper knowledge.
An award-winning editorial team continuing the tradition of McGraw-Hill's world-renowned science publishing program
AccessScience's dedicated editorial team comprises staff editors with subject-matter expertise, in collaboration with thousands of prominent scientists and engineers, including 45 Nobel Prize winners as well as recipients of other major scientific prizes, such as Franklin Institute Awards. With its roots in McGraw-Hill's world-famous scientific publishing program—encompassing the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology and McGraw-Hill Yearbook of Science & Technology—AccessScience draws on and continues a deep tradition of presenting rigorously vetted scientific knowledge and concepts in ways that are both engaging and accessible.
An overview of AccessScience
- MORE THAN 8700 ARTICLES covering all major scientific disciplines are continuously reviewed and updated
- 115,000-PLUS DEFINITIONS from the McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms are built into search results
- HUNDREDS OF BRIEFINGS about relevant concepts in science and technology provide a great starting place for research topic ideas
- 3000 BIOGRAPHIES cover well-known scientific figures
- 19,000-PLUS IMAGES AND ANIMATIONS illustrate key concepts in engaging and meaningful ways
- VIDEO BIOGRAPHIES highlight the life and work of award-winning scientists
- PERSISTENT LINKS TO CITABLE LITERATURE support research assignments through primary sources of information
- INTERACTIVE CITATION GENERATOR saves time and effort when preparing papers
- CURRICULUM MAPS tied to core content can enrich faculty lesson plans
- OFF-CAMPUS ACCESS allows easy, anytime access outside of institutional IP ranges
How AccessScience helps STEM students
A board of Consulting Editors, comprising internationally recognized leaders in their respective fields, is committed to choosing the highest quality and most rigorously assessed content for inclusion in AccessScience.
The long list of highly distinguished contributors to AccessScience reflects the editorial team's firm belief that readers are best served by expositions of topics written by identified, acknowledged experts in these topics, based on the knowledge of the factual, original literature, and vetted by peer review.